Bumper's Blog

Here's the place to find out what's going on inside my head...and to respond.

Monday, May 30, 2011

The Cost of Freedom


Posted by Pastor Harold "Bumper" Quick at 7:54 PM
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • My (Only) Two Pet Peeves!
    Okay, I am really put out by those sports figures who will make the sign of the cross as they prepare to do what they do, depending upon the...
  • Update...
    Just a brief update on my surgery…doing well, I think…better ask Jill to make sure! Lots of pain, but drugs are good! Seem to have my days a...
  • Praying for Japan
    The events of the past week in Japan weigh heavy on my heart. Not because of any one or two people I know there, but because of all the peop...
  • Pumped!
    So now I’m pumped! I have fully recovered from the trip to UIS to encourage my daughter’s transition to an institution of higher learning (a...
  • Grace
    Since we've just celebrated the Resurrection, this video seems appropriate...I love these guys!
  • The Power of Worship is the Presence
    “The Presence (of God) is so powerful and so holy that idols can not stand anywhere near (1 Samuel 5). In his Presence, evil is exposed. Lie...
  • Back Online!
    Aggggg! I have faced all sorts of obstacles this past week…the greatest of which has been computer & internet issues, but I think I am b...
  • Life is an Adventure!
    Was today a full moon? It sure felt like it here at the Quick household…or perhaps it was my world and not everyone else. After I spent 1 ½ ...
  • First Things First
    Been working hard today…almost have 2012’s preaching schedule in place, just a few conflicts to work out…almost ready for confirmation to ...
  • Where's the Passion?
    I’ve just re-read a great little book…for about the fourth or fifth time. How Great a Flame by James Logan is subtitled Contemporary Lesson...

Subscribe To

Posts
Atom
Posts
Comments
Atom
Comments

Blog Archive

  • ►  2014 (1)
    • ►  January (1)
  • ►  2013 (1)
    • ►  December (1)
  • ►  2012 (37)
    • ►  September (1)
    • ►  August (6)
    • ►  July (1)
    • ►  June (5)
    • ►  May (5)
    • ►  April (3)
    • ►  March (3)
    • ►  February (9)
    • ►  January (4)
  • ▼  2011 (128)
    • ►  December (13)
    • ►  November (15)
    • ►  October (8)
    • ►  September (9)
    • ►  August (13)
    • ►  July (5)
    • ►  June (10)
    • ▼  May (8)
      • The Battle is the Lord's!
      • The Cost of Freedom
      • Technical Difficulties...or something like that!
      • Good Day/Great Day!
      • Why Mother's Day?
      • I Need More Strength Lord (or better drugs)!
      • Update...
      • "Do Not Let Your Heart Rejoice"
    • ►  April (17)
    • ►  March (9)
    • ►  February (4)
    • ►  January (17)
  • ►  2010 (149)
    • ►  December (18)
    • ►  November (18)
    • ►  October (5)
    • ►  September (8)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (13)
    • ►  June (9)
    • ►  May (17)
    • ►  April (8)
    • ►  March (10)
    • ►  February (14)
    • ►  January (15)
  • ►  2009 (176)
    • ►  December (16)
    • ►  November (15)
    • ►  October (13)
    • ►  September (16)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (13)
    • ►  June (12)
    • ►  May (12)
    • ►  April (17)
    • ►  March (12)
    • ►  February (17)
    • ►  January (19)
  • ►  2008 (157)
    • ►  December (11)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (18)
    • ►  September (18)
    • ►  August (18)
    • ►  July (20)
    • ►  June (22)
    • ►  May (21)
    • ►  April (15)

About Me

My photo
Pastor Harold "Bumper" Quick
Sumner, Illinois, United States
I'm an ordained elder in the United Methodist denomination, currently serving Beulah United Methodist Church and its community. Jill and I have been married for nearly 37 years. We have six daughters now, a new grandson in California and I again own a Harley (which I am considering customizing into a bagger)...although with all these girls spending my money, it seems unlikely!
View my complete profile
Awesome Inc. theme. Powered by Blogger.