Bumper's Blog

Here's the place to find out what's going on inside my head...and to respond.

Monday, May 30, 2011

The Cost of Freedom


Posted by Pastor Harold "Bumper" Quick at 7:54 PM
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • A Burden for the Lost
    Wasn’t Sunday a lovely day…especially after the snow on Saturday morning! I read an interesting quote this morning on a website from Rev. Te...
  • AC: Near the End of Day 3
    We’ve completed another Spirit-filled day here at Annual Conference in Peoria. And while I felt the anointing several times today, we strugg...
  • Why Can't We Keep the Main Thing the Main Thing?
    So, here I sit and my frustration level is rising…again! There is something disconcerting about this monster we call the Church. Let me firs...
  • Too Busy???
    Okay, so I’ve been really busy…evidenced by the fact that I haven’t blogged for a week or so and I will soon download three weeks worth of s...
  • Go Cubs...I mean Jesus!
    People amaze me…the things they say and do. Most of you know I am not a big sports fan, but I do enjoy watching an occasional game. The Card...
  • The Powerless Assembly (please don't call it Church!)
    I apologize for not posting for a few days…been really, really busy and on vacation! Francis Chan says in his DVD lessons from Forgotten God...
  • God Help Us!
    I had a conversation with someone recently that made this remark: “If I could ask one thing of God it would be that tornados would destroy e...
  • I Need More Strength Lord (or better drugs)!
    My memory verse that I’ve chosen for therapy is “…he who is in me is greater than he who is in the world” 1 John 4:4. I chose that today in ...
  • Who Do You Worship?
    If this offends you...watch it again, carefully!
  • God At Work
    What a privilege I had last Sunday to pray with a young lady and lead her in accepting Christ…and the most amazing thing was that I had abso...

Subscribe To

Posts
Atom
Posts
Comments
Atom
Comments

Blog Archive

  • ►  2014 (1)
    • ►  January (1)
  • ►  2013 (1)
    • ►  December (1)
  • ►  2012 (37)
    • ►  September (1)
    • ►  August (6)
    • ►  July (1)
    • ►  June (5)
    • ►  May (5)
    • ►  April (3)
    • ►  March (3)
    • ►  February (9)
    • ►  January (4)
  • ▼  2011 (128)
    • ►  December (13)
    • ►  November (15)
    • ►  October (8)
    • ►  September (9)
    • ►  August (13)
    • ►  July (5)
    • ►  June (10)
    • ▼  May (8)
      • The Battle is the Lord's!
      • The Cost of Freedom
      • Technical Difficulties...or something like that!
      • Good Day/Great Day!
      • Why Mother's Day?
      • I Need More Strength Lord (or better drugs)!
      • Update...
      • "Do Not Let Your Heart Rejoice"
    • ►  April (17)
    • ►  March (9)
    • ►  February (4)
    • ►  January (17)
  • ►  2010 (149)
    • ►  December (18)
    • ►  November (18)
    • ►  October (5)
    • ►  September (8)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (13)
    • ►  June (9)
    • ►  May (17)
    • ►  April (8)
    • ►  March (10)
    • ►  February (14)
    • ►  January (15)
  • ►  2009 (176)
    • ►  December (16)
    • ►  November (15)
    • ►  October (13)
    • ►  September (16)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (13)
    • ►  June (12)
    • ►  May (12)
    • ►  April (17)
    • ►  March (12)
    • ►  February (17)
    • ►  January (19)
  • ►  2008 (157)
    • ►  December (11)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (18)
    • ►  September (18)
    • ►  August (18)
    • ►  July (20)
    • ►  June (22)
    • ►  May (21)
    • ►  April (15)

About Me

My photo
Pastor Harold "Bumper" Quick
Sumner, Illinois, United States
I'm an ordained elder in the United Methodist denomination, currently serving Beulah United Methodist Church and its community. Jill and I have been married for nearly 37 years. We have six daughters now, a new grandson in California and I again own a Harley (which I am considering customizing into a bagger)...although with all these girls spending my money, it seems unlikely!
View my complete profile
Awesome Inc. theme. Powered by Blogger.